Are you also eager to wear your white summer dresses or your new purchases for summer already in spring? Read how you can style a white summer dress for spring and get inspired to create winter-to-spring transitional outfits from your own closet.
- Get a Head-start on Your Summer Dresses in Spring
- How to Create Visible Layers for Style
- Tips to Style White Summer Dresses for Spring
- White Summer Dress with Black Tights Spring Work Outfit
- Styling inspiration photos
- Wrapping Up How to Style a White Summer Dress for Spring
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.
Get a Head-start on Your Summer Dresses in Spring
Are you frustrated that you can’t wear your new summer dress yet? Don’t be. Here are some inspirations how you can get a head start on your summer fashion. Of course, when wearing summer clothes in spring avoiding to catch a cold is key. Thus, layering is key.
There are two possibilities to create the right amount of insulation: Long underwear or warmer underwear than you would wear in summer. Like adding a slip or long Tee under a dress. This way you get the same looks like you will wear later.
How to Create Visible Layers for Style
The other possibility is the more stylish one: Visible layers. A major advantage, the looks are different from those you will wear in summer. Thus, you won’t fall so easily into a summer wardrobe crisis like the winter wardrobe boredom you try to escape from right now. You can find tips how to layer stylishly at the link.
Tips to Style Summer Dresses for Spring
Of course, not all summer clothes are suitable to be worn already in spring. Here are my best tips what to try:
- Most casual or girly white summer dresses look great with a cardigan
- Check whether the vibe of the dress permits styling it with a baseball jacket, bomber or blazer
- Wear a white summer dress with black tights and a cardigan in a third color, repeat two of the colors in the accessories at least two times
- Wear a full skirt dress as a skirt with a sweater and scarf and belt the sweater for shape. Add booties and matching tight
- Wear a layering halftee or top under a short sleeve or sleeveless white sheath or A-line dress. Add matching tights and heeled oxfords or sandals
- Wear a retro style summer LWD with a motorcycle jacket, tights and booties
- Try a white lace dress with (black) tights, booties and a washed denim jacket. See example in this Ever Pretty dresses post.
The LWD in the photo above is designed for work with cool air conditioning in mind. Therefore, you can easily style it for spring. Just add colors that are more associated with the cold season than the mid of summer. For example, go for tan accessories and shoes or use pastels.
White Summer Dress with Black Tights Spring Work Outfit
After half a year of winter, I am so eager for wearing my summer dresses again. The sheath cut of the dress allows styling it up or down. So why not for right now? The winter white goes well with denim and black tights. The leopard pumps repeat the black and their light base color goes well with the light jersey dress and denim jacket. See how I wore this summer dress for fall.
You can find more tips on how to wear spring’s black and white trends at the link.
Cute Spring Style Inspiration
Here are some examples of how to style the little white dress shown in the photo above for the cold to warm transition season. More inspirations in my guide on how to wear white after Labor Day.
Have a look at these awesome spring looks with a white summer dress. #agelessstyle #springstyle Click To Tweet
Wrapping Up style a White Summer Dress for Spring
This post focused on styling a white summer dress for spring by adding items from winter. You can find more tips on getting a head-start on spring style in my guide on the best ways to set a great winter-to-spring transition look.
When you liked the outfit recipes of this post, and want recipes for all kind of dressing situation in midlife, buy my book How to Dress for Success in Midlife.
Are you registered for my email notification to let you know when a post goes live? I’d highly appreciate it if you take the time to sign up and ask your friends to sign up too!!
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2021 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved