- Why High Latitude Style is not just another 50+ fashion blog
- Midlife is no reason to become invisible
- How this over 50 fashion blog and I can help you
- Where to start
- Editorial note
- Linking Disclaimer
- Copyrights and Acknowledgements
Hi, I am glad you are here.
I am Nicole Mölders, 57, married, one cat, no kids, a fashion, dance and science enthusiast from Fairbanks, Alaska. I am the CEO and blogger of the award winning blog High Latitude Style. On my blog, you can find posts about how to
- dress appropriately for the weather,
- budget fashion and saving tips including gift suggestions and promo codes,
- ,everyday fashion,
- reviews of clothes and beauty products,
- links to retailers, who offer clothes that look great on mature women or are even designed with us in mind,
- outfit inspirations,
- fashion history,
- clothing and Alaska related science,
- Alaska insider travel tips, and
- stories about life at the Last Frontier.
Why High Latitude Style is not just another 50+ fashion blog
I am the author of the fashion and style book How to Dress for Success in Midlife. I explain how to turn fashion into style. My goal is to help you to look your best.
When I moved from Europe to Alaska, I found myself in the situation to totally change the way I used to dress. Of course, the different climate was one reason. Other reasons were no clothing stores, a new job, a change in lifestyle and food, and a changing body entering midlife.
I refused to become invisible due to the lack of shopping opportunities for women my age. Being a scientist by education, I first looked for books to teach myself. However, the majority of them just stated wear this with that or buy this, not that. While following the advices may lead to stylish looks, the resulting outfit would be sort of a uniform. In a crowd of stylish uniformed midlife women, the individual woman again would be invisible.
Midlife is no reason to become invisible
It struck me how many women in midlife became invisible. They lost their style and/or they have difficulty to identify what works for them now on their changing body. I researched the problems, and share my solutions. In addition, you get explanations why certain cuts, lines, colors, materials, hems, etc. are advantageous or disadvantageous for what body types, life and dressing situations. This knowledge permits you to become your own personal stylist over time. My readers and clients learn to create/compose outfits from pieces they already own. My goal to enable and empower you to create your own personal style, makes my blog and me different from other 50+ blogs and stylists.
I strongly believe that having your own style makes you happy, feel great, and confident. It tells the world who you are now! Looking your best in midlife will help you to have success and enjoy life to the fullest.
How this over 50 fashion blog and I can help you
My blog provides the tools (e.g. free online personal style finder, body shape finder, face shape identifier), motivation, tricks and tips as well as countless inspirations to make your goal of personal style achievable. I have loved turning fashion into personal style all my life. As an eductor, I enjoy sharing the art of dressing well with other women. I love to help you
- with the midlife style challenges of your changing body,
- to take the stress out of getting dressed,
- dress for a new lifestyle,
- getting dressed for re-entering the work field,
- getting out of a more than a decade long style rut,
- learning to dress your best,
- finding your personal style,
- feeling sexy and beautiful after mastectomy, or even
- with an online style makeover, and
- entertain you with articles on life style at the Last Frontier,
- insider travel tips for Alaska,
- science related to fashion and Alaska including how to dress to beat the weather.
When you are in the Fairbanks metropolitan area, you can hire me to give talks about fashion and style as well as about the physics of clothing, for modeling clothes, and to make appearances at Grand Openings, sales and other events at your local businesses.You can also book me for an online style makeover.
What’s your fashion/style challenge? Contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to start
Nothing on this website constitutes legal, and/or weather advice.
By providing links to other sites, High Latitude Style does not guarantee, approve, or endorse the information and/or products available on those sites.
Copyrights and Acknowledgements
Copyright 2013-2020 by Nicole Mölders. All rights reserved. No content of High Latitude Style may be reproduced in any form without my permission and without citing High Latitude Style as the original source and linking it back to my post. For all use please ask for a written permission. The photographer of High Latitude Style is Gerhard Kramm.
© 2013-2020 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved