This page introduces you to the blog, and about High Latitude Style so you know what you can find here.
Welcome to High Latitude Style
The goal of High Latitude Style is to entertain, inspire and educate you about fashion, fashion-related science, and lifestyle in Alaska. Nicole Mölders, a style book author, scholar, geophysicist, and meteorologist, is the editor and author of this blog.
What You Can Find Here
On the blog, you can find a
- A style guides library covering personal styles and what to wear when,
- Everyday fashion, and outfit inspirations,
- How to dress appropriately for the weather including cold weather style,
- Accessorizing tips
- Dressing for your body shape and personal style,
- Posts on sustainable fashion,
- Best fashion trends for women over 50 including how to style them,
- Fashion history,
- Alaska insider travel tips,
- Lifestyle at the Last Frontier,
- Budget fashion and saving tips including gift suggestions and promo codes,
- Reviews of clothes, beauty products, self-care household items, and books,
- Links to retailers, who offer clothes that look great on mature women or are even designed with us in mind.
You can find more about my books, and my education, and expertise at the links.
Why High Latitude Style Is Not Just Another 50+ Fashion Blog
It struck me how many women in midlife became invisible. They lost their style and/or they have difficulty to identify what works for them now on their changing body. I researched the problems, and share my solutions with explanations why certain cuts, lines, colors, materials, hems, etc. are better than others. These explanations cover include, among other things, body types, life and dressing situations, personal style and color seasons as well as wear comfort, sustainability and environmental impacts. Armed with this knowledge you can become your own personal stylist over time.
My goal to enable and empower you to create your own personal style, while being knowledgeable about sustainability, wear comfort requirements for the weather of your climate zone, and environmental impacts of the textile industry. These aspects beyond just tips for being effortlessly stylish make this blog different from other 50+ blogs and stylists.
How This Over 50 Fashion Blog Can Help You
This blog provides the tools (e.g. free online personal style finder, body shape finder, face shape), motivation, tricks and tips as well as countless inspirations to make your goal of personal style achievable. Once you determined your personal style you can find posts discussing the respective style, its key elements, and to put them together. Knowing you face shape, for instance, you can learn which frames are best for you. You can find in posts what works for your body shape. This blog covers
- The midlife style challenge of dressing for your changing body,
- How to take the stress out of getting dressed,
- How to dress for a new lifestyle,
- Getting dressed for re-entering the work field,
- Getting out of a more than a decade long style rut,
- Inspirations to dress your best,
- Finding your personal style,
- Feeling sexy and beautiful, even after mastectomy,
- Entertainment on lifestyle at the Last Frontier,
- Insider travel tips for Alaska,
- Sustainable fashion,
- Environmentally-friendly textiles, and
- Dressing for thermo-physiological comfort to beat the weather in your climate zone.
What’s your fashion/style challenge? Let me know by email firstname.lastname@example.org or use this simple form so I can help you.
Where to Start
When you are new here, sign up for my email to never miss a post. Browse the archive by categories or various subjects. Happy browsing!
Donate to Cover the Costs of the Blog and Acknowledge my Work
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
© 2013-2023 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved