Summer clothes are cheap, and remind of good (old) times
Since our childhood summer meant some freedom. No school, days in the Sun, outside and no worries about homework. Even though, as adults we have to work in summer and there is no extended time of just living into the day, we still love summer.
In most work places the dress code is a bit looser due to the heat. Summer clothes are less heavy than winter clothes. Most importantly, summer clothes are much cheaper than winter clothes. Thus, there are many reasons to hold on to wearing them. Not only denial that fall means the beginning of the cold season.
Get more wear out of summer clothes
Especially, when you live in an area with 6 to 7 months of temperatures below 50F (10oC), you want to get more wear out of your summer clothes. There is so much time to wear the winter items. In this post, I show you some outfits that I wore lately. Fall starts early in Interior Alaska. The leaves started already turning yellow in the Tanana Valley in mid August.
The key tricks to wear a summer skirt in fall
Here are some aspects to consider when wearing a summer skirt in fall.
- Layering is key. Add tights and/or an underskirt or slip.
- Shoes can change the vibe of an outfit. Sandals with chunky heels and/or wood soles work great as fall sandals with tight. Open-toe booties in tan or black create a fall vibe when worn with tights. Go for dress shoes with chunky or sturdy heels.
- Choose skirts in dark colors, warm colors, fall colors or classic color combinations like blue and white, or black and white. the floral skirt, for instance, has flowers in yellow and burgundy, which are excellent colors for fall.
- Wear a knit top or a cardigan.
- Go for silk knit tops or cashmere short sleeve sweaters.
Back view of summer to fall transition outfit with Rebekka Taylor silk skirt, Brooks Brothers sweater, Halogen corset, Gucci bag, and Gloria Vander Bilt pumps (all own)
Further inspirations to wear a summer skirt in fall over 40
The following slide shows further examples how to style a summer skirt for fall.
Do you style summer items for fall? What are your styling challenges in fall? Let me know by email, I love to hear from you.
Ageless Style Linkup
Welcome to the Ageless Style Linkup party. Let’s see your ageless style outfits wearing pastels.
Please visit some of the linked up blogs and spread the word about the party for more Ageless style inspirations. Please follow us on at least one of our platforms each. Thank you.
It would mean a lot to us when you spread the word about the party by tweeting have a look at these awesome outfit inspirations! Thanks for stopping by and linking up! Come back soon.
Get the inspiration, support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos of me: G. Kramm
Copyright 2013-2017 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved