On your way to the spa go for a comfortable and practical outfit. At many spas, guests arrive in neat yoga bottoms, or lounge pants with a T-shirt, sweater or hoodie. Some guests show up in gym wear and sneakers. It is always better to be save than sorry. If you and your girl friends haven’t been at the selected spa before, check the spa’s web site for their dress code. If there is nothing mentioned, you may want to ask whether they have a dress code, when you call for booking your spots. You may also ask whether they provide robes and towels.
Pro tip:Tie your hair back or up and don’t bother to put on makeup for the commute to the spa. When arriving without makeup you are immediately ready for treatment.
Here is the list of what to pack into your weekender:
- Slippers and flip flops
- Towels of different size
- A change of clothes for dinner. If there is a restaurant inside the spa, check the dress code.
- A change of loose-fitting yoga wear or for the fashionista a casual sundress or resort dress (see examples in the banner of this post) that shows off your pretty skin.
- Two changes of underwear. After your treatment, you don’t want to jump into the underwear you came in with. The second set is for your commute home.
- A cover-up in case the weather changes when you are on your way back or you have to go out for dinner
- Sleep wear
- Gym clothes to use the spa’s fitness facilities
- Swim suit or bikini
- If you prefer your own toiletries, you should take them with you. At least bring your own toothbrush, brush/comb, deodorant, lipstick, lipgloss, and sunscreen.
- Any needed prescription medications
- Light literature like a book and/or magazines when you like to read for relaxing
- Reading glasses
- Beach or fabric tote to schlep your reading material, reading glasses, etc. in the facility
Pro tip: At a spa, you will spend a lot of time in your robe. If you go to a spa often, consider your robe as your outfit at the spa and invest in a robe that is practical and suits your taste and style. It adds to feeling great.
Do you often go to a spa? Do you go alone or with your girl friends? Do you spend an entire weekend or just a day? Let me know by email, I am curious.
Get a subscription to High Latitude Style.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2020 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved