What to wear on Mother’s Day depends on your role
On Mother’s Day, women are in the center of the holiday. It can be you, your mother, her mother and her, or your mother-in-law – you get the picture. No matter what, Mother’s Day calls for a girly to lady-like look. Here are five tips to create awesome outfits that suit everything from brunch to a family lunch or dinner including a family reunion in Mom’s honor.
Mother’s Day outfit ideas for women in midlife
- If you are the daughter, don’t dress against her fashion rules. You don’t want to offend her on her honor day Don't dress against your mom's fashion rules when you visit her on Mother's Day. #family #mothersday Click To Tweet
- If you are the mother, who is in the center of the party, avoid to dress like a matron
- Go for fun prints and cute cuts like fit-and-flare, dresses or blouses with Peter Pan collar
- Add a playful bag and fashion-forward accessories
- Pick friendly bright or pastel colors
- Stay away from anything trendy regarding your clothes as most likely photos will end up in a family album. You don’t want to be in the center of your (future) kids or grand kids amusement in future decades when they flip thru a folder of past family reunion outfits.
Happy Mother’s Day.
What are you doing on Mother’s Day? Have you already bought a gift for your mom? What about getting your mom the style recipe book How to Dress for Success in Midlife. You can save 71% with a kindle version Buy it now.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2018 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved