On Mother’s Day, women are in the center of the holiday. It can be you, your mother, her mother and her, or your mother in-law – you get the picture. No matter what, Mother’s Day calls for a girly to lady-like look. Here are five tips to create awesome outfits that suit everything from brunch to a family lunch or dinner including a family reunion in Mom’s honor.
- If you are the daughter, don’t dress against her fashion rules. You don’t want to offend her on her honor day
- If you are the mother, who is in the center of the party, avoid to dress like a matron
- Go for fun prints and cute cuts like fit-and-flare, dresses or blouses with Peter Pan collar
- Add a playful bag and fashion-forward accessories
- Pick friendly bright or pastel colors
- Stay away from anything trendy regarding your clothes as most likely photos will end up in a family album. You don’t want to be in the center of your (future) kids or grand kids amusement in future decades when they flip thru a folder of past family reunion outfits.
What are you doing on Mother’s Day? Have you already bought a gift for your mom? When you like my blog, you may want to get her my book How to Dress for Success in Midlife. As a Mother’s Day special it is 10% off its original price for a limited time. Buy it now.
Get the inspiration, support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
Copyright 2013-2017 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved