- A low budget is no reason not to buy high-end fashion
- Curate your wardrobe
- How to buy high-end fashion on a low fashion budget
- Further remarks
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.
A low budget is no reason not to buy high-end fashion
Don’t let a small fashion budget discourage you from loving fashion and getting high-end items. Also believe me that it’s a rumor that buying exclusively designer clothes makes you look effortlessly stylish.Wearing expensive clothes doesn't mean being stylish. #budgetfashion #agelessstyle Click To Tweet
On the contrary, wearing only expensive items makes you just look – well expensive. Personal style is the mix of the items you have in your wardrobe. Thus, consider your wardrobe as a collection and edit it like a curator.
Curate your wardrobe
Like a museum always looks for excellent pieces, to add to their collection, you should look for high-end fashion to add to your collection of clothes. Of course, we can’t spend $1000 or more on a lust item. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t get it. Thrift and consignment stores as well as eBay are great options, when you know which designer brands to look for at thrift shops. You can download a list to start with in he post at the link.
How to buy high-end fashion on a low fashion budget
Here are 5 tips to look fabulous on a budget and get the items you lust for. My OOTD is an example of items that I got using the strategy listed below.
- Become a budget master. If you like something and you can’t get it off your mind, save for it. For instance, swearing off your daily latte for a month saves you about $90, not to mention a lot of calories. Ask the sales person how many they have in your size and whether the item sells well. This information gives you an idea of how much time you have. If you have not spent this month’s clothes budget and the next month is close up, combine the money and don’t buy anything the next month.
- Like all things in life, getting great clothes on the cheap means efforts. One has to learn how to shop consignment and thrift shops like a pro. Often these stores have perfect, barely worn clothes, one could not afford first hand. Thrifting or consigning is also good for the environment as you recycle and reduce waste. Who doesn’t like that?
- Speaking of first hand clothes, a thing that cannot be emphasized enough is the importance to learn shopping for fashion. Identify brands that fit you perfectly, stores that offer clothes that fit you best. Find out their sales and clearance schedule and mark your calendar. When the sale/clearance goes up … participate on the first day! … and avoid mistakes when shopping the sales.
- Get an account on eBay, and learn how to shop and bit on eBay.
- Make high-low cost part of your signature style. You don’t need an outfit in just one designer. Actually, it would look like you bought it that way, in other words, not very creative. The mix of low price and more expensive is so much more individual. Thus, stay on the ball!
- Never ever buy something that doesn’t fit just because its a designer brand or because it is on sale! One of the secrets to look effortlessly chic is that your clothes fit like a glove – like custom-made for you. See the post at the link for more stylist’s secrets.
- Know when to splurge or bargain.
When you want to help me with keeping this blog up and running, please share the posts on facebook or twitter and pin the looks on your Pinterest board. Thanks.
Once you have these high-end clothes remember that not wearing your investment pieces is like tossing them.
Don’t let the right outfit be a random thing. Wear the right look in every situation by looking up what to wear when in How to Dress for Success in Midlife. Buy the book now.
You may be also interested in reading tips to score high when consigning.
What is your budget challenge when shopping for the style you want? Have you already tried to save with second hand wardrobe additions? What’s your experience? Let me know, I am curious.
Get the support, and tips to dress your best in life. Subscribe to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2021 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved