Wrap dresses are tricky. Travel needs non-wrinkle fabric. HSN just launched some new collections, among others, that of TV travel show host Samantha Brown. Read this Samantha Brown wrap dress review to decide whether it is right for you.
- Travel Channel host Samantha Brown has a fashion line at HSN
- What to look for in a travel dress
- Where to buy Samantha Brown’s fashion line
- Samantha Brown Wrap Dress Review in a Nutshell
Disclosure: Ad. The Samantha Brown wrap dress is a sample from HSN. The post is not endorsed by HSN and/or Samantha Brown. I wrote it entirely myself and it represents my own 100% honest opinion.
Travel Channel host Samantha Brown has a fashion line at HSN
You probably heard that HSN launched Travel Channel Host, Samantha Brown’s travel-inspired fashion line. My OOTD features a wrap dress designed by her that I chose from HSN for review. When I wore this faux wrap dress to work, I received a lot of compliments. One colleague complimented the dress saying “you look smart in this dress.” One even said “You look like the Duchess.” That’s a compliment, isn’t it?
Of course, a wrap dress is always a smart investment as it always looks polished – see Kate Middleton. I was so lucky to get this Samantha Brown wrap dress from HSN as a sample for review, but I think the dress is worth its money because it meets my seven expectations on a travel dress.
What to look for in a travel dress
- The dress must look modern, posh, and must be wearable for multiple events. The cut of this Samantha Brown dress meets corporate and business as well as spare time style expectations. The elegant, decent print works well even for corporate style with classic pumps, a statement necklace, and a structured work bag. The eastern vibe of the print combined with the classic western cut look fresh and modern. The classic eastern ethnic print allows you to swap the work accessories for espadrilles or ballet flats with a shell or colorful wood necklace and a fabric clutch or chic straw tote to dress for sightseeing in the evening. This East-meets-West combination and the fact that the dress has a stretchy material makes it perfect dress to pack for business travel.
- The dress must be professional without looking stiff. When buying a wrap dress, look for a cut that is “wind-save.” This wrap dress is sewn like a real dress (see zoom-in photo). Thus, a wind gust has no chance to unwrap your legs. This feature avoids showing more than wanted.
- The dress must be chic, comfortable and make you feel great. Speaking of coverage, the 3/4 sleeves cover the upper arms is perfect in air-conditioned offices and conference rooms. Most of us 40+ ladies love some arm coverage.
- Classic colors. The white print on the navy blue jersey fabric is right on the spring classic trend of blue-and-white. At the same time, neutrals are always a classic, worth to invest in. This dress also comes in fuchsia.
- Wrinkle-free. The Samantha Brown dress arrived folded and was wrinkle-free when I pulled it out of the box.
- Great craftsmanship. The dress shows love for details and is sewn well (see next photo).
- Worth the money. Looking at the price-performance ratio this dress is a steal. It fits two purposes in one – work and play. This means it has potential for more wear than a work dress or a weekend dress, and it saves space in your baggage and real estate in your closet. Since the classic print and cut will never go out of style, you can wear the dress for several years. Thus, the cost-per-wear can get easily below $1.
Where to Buy Samantha Brown‘s Fashion Line
You can buy Samantha Brown’s line at HSN online. Her line also encompasses travel bags, scarves, which can do double-duty as accessory and blanket on a plane, classic striped tops, among other things.
Samantha Brown Wrap Dress Review in a Nutshell
The versatility to wear this dress makes it a great purchase and a great addition to the wardrobe of every professional woman, especially those who have to travel a lot. Another great plus, the fabric is wrinkle free. The classic style looks professional and the ethnic print gives a nice modern, interesting twist. I would recommend the dress to my BFF and would buy it for myself as well. Browse the store.
Do you like wrap dresses? If not, was the risk to show too much the reason? How do you like this one that doesn’t bear the risk? Will you give it a try?
Do you want to up your style? Then get a free subscription to my blog. When I can look stylish, you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2021 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved