Do you have a work trip on your to-do list? Read what to pack for a summer business trip to travel light, but have outfit choices for all kind of activities.
- The Challenge to Pack for a Summer Business Trip
- 5-Days Business Trip Packing List
- What to Wear on Business Travel
- Top of the World Style Linkup party No 215
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.
The Challenge to Pack for a Summer Business Trip
Dressing for the office in summer is often a challenge. It’s cool or even cold in the office due to the air condition while it’s hot outside. This combination is the perfect recipe for catching a cold. You are overheated and sweat and then enter a cool environment. Thus, you have to master summer layering for (healthy) stylish summer work style. Things become even trickier than summer office style, when you have to pack for a summer business trip.
Here you have to create a limited wardrobe. You have to look professional at a work meeting during the Dog Days when you live in a different climate zone than where the meeting takes place. This means you have to meet the dress code expectation for a professional meeting in an environment you have not been before. Furthermore, your wardrobe should also work for sight-seeing outfits, a reception or work lunch or dinner party plus a look for travel.
Furthermore, that capsule summer wardrobe has to fit in the carry-on baggage suitabe for the overhead cabinets.
5-Days Business Trip Packing List
Here is an ultimate packing list for a week-long summer business trip. First chose a color palette and work around it. The easiest way to create the outfits for the week is to chose two neutrals and a fashion color. Then shop your closet for the best clothes for business travel
- Underwear for 6-7 days as your flight could be canceled or in case you get diarrhea
- Slip or half-slip when your dresses or skirt have no lining
- 1 PJ
- Your makeup and necessaries bag
- All your medication
- One pair of comfortable shoes for travel and sight-seeing
- If your work dress code allows a pair of neutral color pumps (for rainy days) and a pair of neutral color heel sandals/open-toe pumps (for sunny days), otherwise two pairs of neutral color pumps that go with everything
- A LBD that you can style for dinner as well as a meeting
- 1 pair of dress pants or a skirt that can be styled up for a meeting and down for sightseeing and works with both fats and pumps
- A (wrinkle-free) white button down to wear with the pants/skirt
- 2 neutral color cardigans or a summer blazer and one cardigan in neutral colors
- 4 wrinkle-free (jersey) dresses
- Summer trench coat for rainy days
- 3-4 tops that work with the pants or skirt for sightseeing in the evenings
- Accessories to style your looks: Pearl necklace, studs, casual earrings for sightseeing, casual necklace, statement necklace (dinner), feminine watch, 2 scarf, brooch, belt that works with dresses, skirt/pants, cocktail ring (dinner, reception)
Download the printable packing list.
What to Wear on Business Travel
Create a comfortable travel outfit like a pair of jeans, a top, the flat shoes and a blazer or the trench coat when you have time to change. Otherwise go for a wrinkle-free Samantha Brown designed travel dress with the trench coat or a cardigan.
Rhis military trend inspired shirt dress works for business travel when you have to travel and meet customers or give a talk at a conference on the same day. It uses accessories from the opposite side of the color wheel. Olive and pink are always a sophisticated color combination.
Don’t let the right outfit be a random thing. Wear the right look in every situation by looking up what to wear when in How to Dress for Success in Midlife. Buy my book now.
Top of the World Style Linkup party No 215
Welcome to the 215th Top of the World Style linkup party! Great you are here. The awardees are:
Congrats Ladies! Grab your buttons for your awards page or sidebar.See these awesome outfit ideas at the Top of the World Style #linkup party. #OOTD Click To Tweet
I just joined the Top of the World Style #linkup party. #timelessstyle Click To Tweet
Photos of me: G. Kramm
© 2013-2022 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved