- Summer work challenges
- 5-days business trip packing list
- Summer office look of the day
- Top of the World Style Linkup party No 215
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. When you shop through my affiliate links, it helps support to cover the blog’s costs (at no additional cost to you). Thank you very much in advance for your support!
The summer work dressing
Dressing for the office in summer is often a challenge. It’s cool or even cold in the office due to the air condition while it’s hot outside. This combination is the perfect recipe for catching a cold. You are overheated and sweat and then enter a cool environment. Thus, you have to master summer layering for (healthy) stylish summer work style. Things become even trickier than summer office style, when you have to pack for a summer business trip.
Here you have to create a limited wardrobe. You have to look professional at a work meeting during the Dog Days when you live in a different climate zone than where the meeting takes place. This means you have to meet the dress code expectation for a professional meeting in an environment you have not been before. Furthermore, your wardrobe should also work for sight-seeing outfits, a reception or work lunch or dinner party plus a look for travel.
Furthermore, that capsule summer wardrobe has to fit in the carry-on baggage that fits in the overhead cabinets. Here is an ultimate packing list for a week-long summer business trip.
5-days business trip packing list
First chose a color palette and work around it. The easiest way to create the outfits for the week is to chose two neutrals and a fashion color. Then shop your closet for the best clothes for business travel
- Underwear for 6-7 days as your flight could be canceled or in case you get diarrhea
- Slip or half-slip when your dresses or skirt have no lining
- 1 PJ
- Your makeup and necessaries bag
- All your medication
- One pair of comfortable shoes for travel and sight-seeing
- If your work dress code allows a pair of neutral color pumps (for rainy days) and a pair of neutral color heel sandals/open-toe pumps (for sunny days), otherwise two pairs of neutral color pumps that go with everything
- A LBD that you can style for dinner as well as a meeting
- 1 pair of dress pants or a skirt that can be styled up for a meeting and down for sight seeing and work with fats as well as pumps
- A white button down to wear with the pants/skirt
- 2 neutral color cardigans or a summer blazer and one cardigan in neutral colors
- 4 wrinkle-free dresses. I made very good experiences with Karina Dresses
- Summer trench coat for rainy days
- 3-4 tops that work with the pants or skirt for sight-seeing in the evenings
- Accessories to style your looks: Pearl necklace, studs, casual earrings for sight-seeing, casual necklace, statement necklace (dinner), feminine watch, 2 scarf, brooch, belt that works with dresses, skirt/pants, cocktail ring (dinner, reception)
Download a printable packing list. Create a comfortable travel outfit like a pair of jeans, a top, the flat shoes and a blazer or the trench coat when you have time to change. Otherwise go for a wrinkle free dress with the trench coat or a cardigan.
Summer office look of the day
I wore this military trend inspired shirt dress for work. I styled it with accessories from the opposite side of the color wheel. Olive and pink are always a great color combination.
Don’t let the right outfit be a random thing. Wear the right look in every situation by looking up what to wear when in How to Dress for Success in Midlife. Buy my book now.
When you like this summer work outfit, please feel free to pin the photos to your Pinterest board.
Join the High Latitude Style family so I can help you. Sign up for my free newsletter for posts, how-tos, tips and special style subjects!!
Top of the World Style Linkup party No 215
Welcome to the 215th Top of the World Style linkup party! Great you are here. The awardees are:
Méldoy Jacob of MÉLÒDÝ JACÒB is the Top of the World Style Winner. Isn’t her bold color, edgy print summer coat a head turner?
Iris, aka Moumous blogs at La Moumous. She linked her awesome, ethnic inspired, colorful summer dress. We all love colors in summer, don’t we?
Donna at Donna Does Dresses wore pants and became Top of the World OOTD My Fav. Isn’t this funny? Especially, because I also prefer dresses over pants like she does. I really love the bold color combination. And it’s winter clothing. Seems like I am so sick of all that smoke from the wildfires.
Congrats Ladies! Grab your buttons for your awards page or sidebar.See these awesome outfit ideas at the Top of the World Style #linkup party. #OOTD Click To Tweet I just joined the Top of the World Style #linkup party. #timelessstyle Click To Tweet
I occasionally take co-hosts. If you are interested in co-hosting email me.
To host your own party, start here.
Photos of me: G. Kramm
© 2013-2020 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved