Best trends for women in midlife how to style leather pants this fall for various occasions. Read when, where, and what to wear with leather pants to look modern and stylish.
- How to Style Leather Pants the Modern Way
- Are Leather Pants Business Casual?
- Where to Wear Leather Pants
- When to Wear Leather Trousers
- What Outerwear Goes with Leather Trousers?
- Leather trousers Don’ts
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.
This fall’s trend is about – real or faux – leather pants as an alternative to dress-pants or jeans. When cut like dress pants, leather trousers are more elegant than dark jeans. In a jeans cut, they are posh casual.
- Style them with a blazer, a button-down shirt, pearls, and heels for a Euro Chic look.
- For a casual posh look wear a dress-trouser cut style with a button-down shirt under a sweater.
- Pair black leather pants with a white blazer for an evergreen classic black and white look.
- Style silver leather pants with gray open toe booties, gray socks, a gray T-shirt, a gray striped cashmere sweater, and a gray bag. Gold colored charm necklaces round up the outfit. Yes, mixed metals is a Do.
Stylist tip: Try a real or fake leather pantsuit.
These bottoms ask for solid footgear. Depending on the the style you go for try pumps, booties, sneakers. Open-toe booties are risky, but may work with light fabrics tops or short-sleeve sweaters in fall.
Leather Pants Outfit Inspirations
Are Leather Pants Business Casual?
Whether or not leather trousers are professional depends on the culture. Even when styling your leather work appropriate it is not business casual or a Casual Friday outfit, when the work dress code prohibits the hide.
Stylist tip: Leather trousers in tan, pastel, brown, gray or navy are easier to style in a professional way than the classic black ones.
Melania Trump, for instance, looked stunning in her tan leather pants. White leather pants, for instance, look professional with a tartan blazer, and matching sweater in fall.
Where to Wear Leather Pants?
You can wear them for going out, on the weekend, and – if the work dress code permits – even at work. It all depends on how to style leather pants.
Because the hide is wind-proof these trousers are perfect in windy, but dry fall weather at temperatures below 70F (21.1oC) and above 40F (4.4oC).
- Pair them with a shearling coat. Add scarf, gloves, and pom-pom hat in matching colors of the coat, shoes and trousers for a casual vibe look.
- Try a short jacket with matching hat
- Pea-coat or duffle coat with accessories that tie the colors of the outerwear, shoes and trousers together
Don’t let the right outfit be a random thing. Wear the right look in every situation by looking up what to wear when in How to Dress for Success in Midlife. Buy my book now.
- Adding a jeans jacket or a biker jacket
- Casual sandals or sneakers
- No belt when there are belt loops
- Wearing the hide when the dress code explicitly excludes them
- Styling them in a provocative (sexy way)
Get the inspiration, support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2022 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved