Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. You don’t pay more when you purchase a product through my link. These links just make it easier for you to find something, and I get a few cents when you purchase it. I so appreciate your support of High Latitude Style. Thank you!
- Why overdress?
- Spring outfit inspiration (overdressed)
- 204th Top of the World Style linkup party
Here are some of much more reasons why you should overdress:
- You stand out from the crowd.
- You get noted.
- You are visible.
- You look like you’ve been either at, or will go to an exciting event/place.
- You attract opportunities.
- Self-confidence. Looking your best, you feel your best, feeling your best you are more self-confidence, an important prerequisite for success. There is some wisdom in saying “Dress for Success.”
- It’s more fun than wearing sludge-brown or Old Lady colors or mommy jeans or ugly trends that ruin your style …
- There are 101 reasons to wear heels. There is truth in the saying Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the World. - Marilyn Monroe #fashionquote Click To Tweet
- Well-dressed people are conceived to be competent. That’s why we are very selective in what to wear to a job interview, right?
- Staying young at heart means you still love to dress a doll. The only difference to your 5-years-old you is that you now dress a living Barbie doll – namely you.
- You look prepared for whatever.
- You love the way you are.
In a nutshell: There is a reason why the fairy gave the beautiful shoes and wonderful dresses to Cinderella for the balls at the King’s castle.
Need I say more?
Spring outfit inspiration (overdressed)
The look of the day gives an inspiration or example of how to overdress. A cape is a statement in outerwear. The silk rose is a nice addition to dress-up the business casual work attire (see photos below). You could as well wear the blouse with the upper tow buttons open. This look would be clearly underdressed when the dress code would ask for festive business casual.
Don’t let your outfit be a random thing. Wear the right look in every situation by looking up what to wear when in How to Dress for Success in Midlife. Buy the book now.
When you want to help me with keeping this blog up and running, please share the posts on facebook or twitter.
204th Top of the World Style linkup party
Welcome to another Top of the World Style linkup! Thanks for coming. The featured guests from last week’s party are:
Top of the World Style Winner
Tatiana Moskatova of My Fab Forties is the Top of the World Style Winner. She featured her new blazer with jeans and pumps. What a classic spring Casual Friday outfit. Aren’t the fishs cute too?
<a href"https://highlatitudestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/topoftheworldstylewinneroftheweek.jpg"> <img class="alignnone size-full wp-image-32728" src="https://highlatitudestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/topoftheworldstylewinneroftheweek.jpg?w=200" data-wpmedia-src="https://highlatitudestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/topoftheworldstylewinneroftheweek.jpg" alt="Top of the world style winner of the week" width="200" height="200" /></a>
Top of the World OOTD Readers’ Fav
Anna Shirley’s post on fashion consumption got the most clicks. Thus, she became the Top of the World OOTD Readers’ Fav. She blogs at Glam Adventure.
<a href="="https://highlatitudestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/highlatitudestyle-top_of_the_world_style_ootd_readers_fav.jpg"> <img src="https://highlatitudestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/highlatitudestyle-top_of_the_world_style_ootd_readers_fav.jpg" alt="Top of the World Style weekly fashion linkup party @ High Latitude Style @ http://www.highlatitudestyle.com" width="200" height="200" /></a>
Top of the World OOTD My Fav
Christine Besen draw my attention with her very French Je ne sais pas quoi way to style her palazzo pants. Quite different than the American Classic way. Ok, everybody at this point thinks Arlene Dietrich, who actually was a German immigrant. Christine blogs at Bon Chic Style.
<a href="https://highlatitudestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/highlatitudestyle-top_of_the_world_style_ootd_my_fav.jpg" > <img src="https://highlatitudestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/highlatitudestyle-top_of_the_world_style_ootd_my_fav.jpg" alt="Top of the World Style weekly fashion linkup party @ High Latitude Style @ http://www.highlatitudestyle.com" width="200" height="200" /></a>
Congrats Ladies! Grab your buttons for your awards page.See these awesome looks at the Top of the World Style #linkup party. #timelessstyle Click To Tweet I just joined the Top of the World Style #linkup party. #topoftheworldstyle Click To Tweet
Another way to be featured at the Top of the World Style linkup party is to co-host the party. If you are interested in co-hosting send me an email so we can discuss the details.
Do you want to host your own party?
Photos of me: G. Kramm
© 2013-2020 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved