GlassesShop.com has affordable high quality glasses
When you live in small town and/or somewhere in the fordable middle of nowhere, the local selection of eyeglasses and sunglasses may be very limited and/or very expensive, and sometimes very conservative and/or even old-fashioned. Buying glasses online may be an affordable alternative to having the same cookie-cutter glasses everyone wears in town.
Here are 7 tips how to get a flattering pair.
- Identify the type of frame that is flattering for your face. If your face is round, angled glasses are best. Square or rectangular faces, especially with strong rectangular jaws, look best with glasses that are at least rounded on the bottom (see photo above). Oval or round frames are also great choices. When you are over 40 avoid everything that turns south. Thus, be careful with aviator styles that go extremely steep down on the cheeks. Oval faces are the most balanced ones and look great with nearly any style as long as the glasses are not wider than the face. Heart-shaped faces look great with rimless frames, but the frame should be within the width of the face.
- Try on frames or glasses at your local store to narrow your choice of frame down. Or pick a variation of a frame style that you know is flattering on you. Then search for a similar style online.
- Know your colors. The following is just a quick cheat sheet. Deep golden or porcelain with freckles skin types with auburn to light strawberry red hair and brown, green or blue eyes look great with rimless, amber, chocolate, olive or bronze frames. When you have dark hair, clear bright eyes and clear complexion, black, royal blue, scarlet, silver and gold frames are good choices including semi-rimless frames. Rose brown, steal blue, grayish green, gold and silver frames as well as rimless glasses work well for dark blondes to medium brunettes with greenish-bluish or topaz colored eyes. When your hair is silver-gray, ash-gray, snow-white or black and your eyes are blue, gray, or dark brown and your skin is dark with a slight blue undertone or white with a pink undertone, got for navy blue, purple, pewter, silver, charcoal or rimless. Black, chocolate, olive, gold and silver or semi-rimless are great when you have dark hair and dark eyes. In the case of sunglasses, you may go for the trend of the season (black-and-white, see photos) if you collect sunglasses like other people collect stamps.
- Now search a pair of cheap eyeglasses online that matches the above criteria.
- Often online stores have so-called First pair free campaign. Such campaigns mean that all the new customers can have a pair of free glasses, but must cover the shipping and handling fee. Typically, such offers apply for both optical glasses and sunglasses at the same time.
- If you need prescription glasses, search for an online store that offers both prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses. You want prescription sunglasses for driving, vacation, and the weekend. Having prescription sunglasses is less hassle than fit-overs or attachable “sun shields”, not to mention that they are also do much more stylish. In conjunction with a First Pair of Glasses Free campaign you actually pay only for one pair plus shipping and handling.
- Search whether you can find a coupon code. GlassesShop.com, for instance, has a coupon code GSHOT50 that gives you 50% off on eyeglasses and sunglasses with free lenses (sale frames excluded).
Have a look at the cool collection of Shop Glasses Online.
Get a subscription to High Latitude Style.
Photos: G. Kramm
Disclosure: The sunglasses are a sample from GlassesShop.com. The post is not endorsed by them. It represents my own 100% honest opinion.
Copyright 2013-2019 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved