Donning an animal print coat is a big trend this year. This post provides styling tips to get the trend right.
- A Big Fall Trend: Animal Print Coat
- What’s the Right Length for a Coat?
- Which Shoes Work with an Animal Print Coat?
- 280th Top of the World Style Linkup Party
Disclosure There are affiliate links in this post.
Animal Print Coats Are a Big Trend for Fall
The other day, I saw a leopard print coat in the window display at a local store. I remembered having seen animal print coats in reports and movies of fall/winter fashion week. Since it’s a big trend this cold season, it’s worth a post how to style animal print coats. Well, of course, it differs by print.
- Leopard print can be styled like a neutral when in the cats natural colors. See this post for more on how to style neutrals.
- Snake print is a perennial classic. Thus, when investing in the trend and chosing snake print, go for a classic cut. Thenyou can wear your coat for years to come. See this post for more on how to wear snake print.
- Zebra or tiger is sort of exotic and an evergreen. It can make your statement coat when you create ageless capsule coat wardrobe.
What’s the Right Length for a Coat?
When it’s warm enough to you wear the coat open, you won’t need a scarf. However, you have to coordinate you outfit with the coat. No matter whether you button your coat or not, the coat’s hem should be either 3-4 inch (7.5 to 10 cm) shorter than the hem of your dress or skirt or cover your skirt or dress completely. If the coat is shorter than what you wear underneath, your have to coordinate your coat with your outfit as well. Recall your outerwear is an outfit too. See this post for more on styling your outerwear.
Which Shoes Work with an Animal Print Coat?
This question has no one sentence answer. If the coat is for spring pumps are best. For fall booties, pumps or boots work. In winter, booties or boots are best. Not matter which of the three seasons, footwear in the background color of the coat are best. Other colors to try are those of the print. You can also try a different color for your shoes, when you wear tights in the same color as your shoews. When wearing pantyhose you may try two-color shoes like in the lotd. In the example outfit, one color picks up the color of the legs, the other the brown of the zebra.
Never worry again what to wear when. Just look it up in my style book How to Dress for Success in Midlife. Buy the book now.
280th Top of the World Style linkup party
Welcome to the farthest north fashion and style linkup party. I am glad you are here. The favorites of the last party were:
Congrats Ladies! Grab your award buttons.
See these stylish guest at the Top of the World Style #linkup party. #styleicons #timelessstyle Click To Tweet
Are you registered for my Newsletter to let you know about new posts, how tos and special style subjects? I’d highly appreciate it if you take the time to sign up and ask your friends to sign up too!
Photos of me: G. Kramm
© 2013-2021 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved