- Mix spring and winter items for new exiting looks
- Style your outerwear to fight winter wardrobe boredom
- Tips to have fun with spring fashion at the end of winter
- Worn in winter, styled for spring
- Mixing warm and cold season items
- Winter outfits using light colors
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.
Mix spring and winter items for new exiting looks
Are you already so sick of winter? When I still lived in temperate maritime climate mid-latitudes, it was about this time in winter when I had enough of the gray, rainy and windy weather and was so looking forward to spring, but there were still about 8 weeks to go.
Style your outerwear to fight winter wardrobe boredom
Now living in Alaska, the cold season starts some time early September and runs until mid May (if we are lucky). You gain a lot of experience how to overcome winter wardrobe boredom – starting with styling your outerwear and ending with wearing summer pieces in the cold season.
Tips to have fun with spring fashion at the end of winter
Anyhow, here are my secrets to fight winter wardrobe boredom:
- Light up your outfits by inserting spring pastels and the SS season’s It color.
- Layer spring tops under a V-neck sweater or a cardigan.
- Wear a layering top and half-slip under a spring or summer dress with tights and fall sandals on a dry, warmer day.
- Wear a spring skirt with a half-slip and a sweater.
- Wear your trench coat as a top with leggings and a T-shirt underneath for a comfy, stylish weekend look.
- When the weather and sidewalk conditions permit, swap your winter boots/booties for heeled loafers or heeled oxfords.
- Insert a floral pattern into your outfit.
If you like these tips let your friends know by tweeting them
See I found cool inspiration how to wear my new spring items already now. #fashion Click To Tweet
Worn in winter, styled for spring
Here are some outfit examples for inspiration how to wear items from the warm season in mid-winter and late winter.
Mixing warm and cold season items
Vittoria Verani blazer over Anne Klein red turtleneck sweater with London Jean boyfriend jeans and Michael Kors wedge camouflage sneakers (all own)
Work outfit with Eli Tahari abstract print summer sheath worn as skirt (over a slip) under GNW Luxe wool cashmere sweater accessorized with scarf, Chanel belt and Salvatore Ferragamo pumps (all own) Vittoria Verani blazer over Red Star denim jacket, Jaeger tote, Ray Ban sunglasses, Salvatore Ferragano pumps, pantyhose, statement necklace (all own) and jersey sheath dress c/o Lookbook Store
Winter outfits using light colors
The following photo inspirations use winter pieces, but in colors that are associated with spring.
When you like any of these looks, please pin them to your pinterest board, so your friends can see them too.
Did I ever mention that in Interior Alaska, you don’t need actually transition clothes? Greenup is like switching a button.
When getting dressed stresses you out, my style recipe book “How to Dress for Success in Midlife” will provide the solution to your problem. It provides outfit recipes for all kind of dressing events in midlife. Buy your copy now.
How do you avoid to get into winter wardrobe boredom? Are you already eager to wear your spring and summer pieces? What are your tricks to get a head start on spring? Let me know, so I can help you.
Are you registered for my email reminders to let you know when a post goes live? I’d certainly love it if you take the time to sign up and make sure all your friends sign up too!!
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2021 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved