Don’t get me wrong. I love living in Alaska. However, there are some things that I liked doing when I lived in Europe that I miss since living in Alaska. Here is my list:
- The possibility to decide at 2300 in the night to drive to Paris for breakfast
- Driving thru the city during rain at 100 in the night just because the reflections of neon lights in puddles look so great
- Eating fresh lettuce in winter
- Window shopping
- Walking over Leipzig’s Christmas Market on every non-rainy/non-snowy evening in December
- Driving to the Dutch or Baltic coast for beach walks on a gray, but dry weekend
- De Ruijter chocolate chips, Dutch yogurt, Harzer Roller, Paderborner bread
- Italian ice cream cafes
- The beauty of spring vacation in Tuscany, Provence, on the Canary Islands or in Barcelona
- Shopping for hats and rain proof pumps in London or Reading
Watch out for a post on Focus Alaska about what I love about living in Alaska. Also coming soon a post on what I don’t miss living in Alaska.
Read about my dream wardrobe for fall here on High Latitude Style tomorrow.
Get the inspiration, support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2020 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved