Net worthy fabric
Nets – the fabric pops up everywhere.
Nets – they re-call childhood memories when our moms pulled them out of their purse to carry home the groceries. At least, in Germany, where you had to pay a Groschen (at that time the equivalent of 20 cents of that time) for a plastic bag. Interestingly today, in the US, they pay you 5 cents for bringing your own bag (or net). Nets – nuts! 😉
Nets – they remind me of the fishing boats in Hooksiel, a village at the Jadebusen where our family used to spend summer vacation for at least five years in a row. The boats laying in the mud only being able to sail when the tide came in and to return 12 hours later.
Nets – this season’s street style trend – can we do it?
OK, the shopping net is an easy way to jump the bandwagon. But how to wear it full on and not look like being accidentally caught in a fishing net or look nuts?
- Avoid the net skirt over short shorts. It’s for super models and high school girls.
- What about shoes with net detail?
- Go for an A-line skirt that has a net overlay and make that the only statement piece. The same would apply to a net top. Here it can be very stylish to have the sleeves as nets without fabric underneath or the cleavage covered by the net.
- For date night or going out, a net dress worn over another dress is a great option too as shown in the photos.
Will the nets catch you for fashion fun this summer? How will you wear your net? Link it up below or at a later party. I wanna see it!
Speaking of nets, let’s network.
Top of the World Style linkup party No. 10
Everyone of any age and gender is welcome to share their fashion and style posts.
- Please follow your Host via wordpress, or twitter
- Linkup any of your fashion/style posts, linkup party buttons are welcome too
- Simply add your link below
- Please stop by your linkup-fellows’ blogs, introduce yourself to them, and make new friends
- Please spread the word and invite your friends to this party
To get a reminder for the next Top of the World Style party you can sign up here:
Get a subscription to my blog here.
Photos of me: G. Kramm
© 2013-2018 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved