Trends that work over 50
A while ago, I wrote about my pledge not to buy after 8 pm. It’s to avoid impulse buying and staying on a budget. Nevertheless, I love to browse online stores late in the evening. I fill up my chart with items that I love and that are trendy, but nevertheless wearable over 50. Only when I wake up the next day and can’t stop thinking about an item, then I apply my buying rules to decide whether or not to hit the purchase button.
What trends landed in my chart
$24.99 Half Buttoned Polka Dot Midi Dress. I would wear it with pink pumps and belt for the office.
$12.95 Knee Length Print Day Dress. A perfect summer sheath for work
$24.49 Plus Size lace rose petal print vintage dress. Perfect figure flattering. Great for dancing. Too bad it wouldn’t fit me.
$20.99 Tiny floral midi wrap dress – red. This beauty works for the office, farmers market and vacation mall browsing
$23.49 Red polka dot maxi wrap. Perfect for the resort and beach parties
$17.99 Button decorated surplice plus size LBD. Perfect for work.
Buying criteria and action
In the following the actions are given in brackets.
- Can I afford buying it? No (don’t buy. Pin it to your pinterest wish list and search for a cheaper version. Delete it from the chart.) Yes (goto next question).
- Do I already own a similar piece? No (don’t buy). Yes (go to next question).
- Is this a style that works for my personal style and lifestyle? No (don’t buy). Yes (go to next question).
- Will I be embarrassed when my grandkids see photos of me in this look in 10 years? This means is the trend ridiculous and a one-day fly. Yes (don’t buy). No (goto next question).
- Can I come up at least with three different outfits with this piece with pieces I already own? No (don’t buy). Yes (go to next question).
- Will I get a price-performance ratio that will be below $1 over the piece’s tenure in my closet? No (don’t buy). Yes (go to next question).
- Can I wait to wear this piece? Yes (don’t buy). No (press buy).
Of course, I can’t get them all. I can’t stop thinking about this brown polka dot dress ever since Julia Roberts wore a similar one in Pretty Woman. The swing dresses would be perfect for dancing. Good thing, one of them is plus size. I wanted a lemon dress since a long time.
When there are multiple pieces you like, you will have to add an additional question prior to pressing the button. This isWhich of all these beauties makes the most sense to update my wardrobe? #budgetfashion Click To Tweet
I have $45 in my budget left. Thus, I need to do some thinking. 😉
Zaful promo code
Use code ” ZFjaned4″ for $3 off $25; $6 off $50; $12 off $100. Each customer could only use each coupon for 3 times.
Free Shipping Worldwide, Shop from $5.99, Coupons up to $12,
Enjoy Zaful 4th Anniversary Carnival (Jun. 18th to 20th).
Zaful has unconditional refund with quality, non-received, size issues within 24 hours.
How do you make your purchase decisions? Which one would/do you buy? Which Zaful pieces land in your chart? Browse their collection.
Keeping in touch
Are you registered for my email notification to let you know when a post goes live? I’d highly appreciate it if you take the time to sign up and ask your friends to sign up too!!
P.S. You may also be interested in the YouTube Celebrities on Zaful Anniversary
Photos: G. Kramm
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Zaful. They did not endorse the post. I wrote it entirely myself and all opinions are my own and 100% honest. I am not affiliated with Zaful.
© 2013-2018 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved