Sure orinally belts have had the function to hold your bottoms in place or the width of your garment under control. This guide covers how to use belts as accessories to enahnce your style.
- Belting ups outfits of all styles
- You’ll love these easy stylist’s belting tricks
- Gallery of belt outfit ideas
- Belting a sweater
- Adding shape to a vest
- Evening attire
- Sheath dress
- Adding shape to dress
- Various styles
- More awesome styling tips
Belting ups outfits of all styles
In today’s post, you will find various ideas and tips for all kinds of personal style – Casual, Bohemian, Classic, Urban, Dramatic/Glamorous – you name it and body types. Don’t know your personal style? Take the free online style quiz to find out.
A belt will instantly up the style of a basic outfit. #accessories Click To Tweet
When putting an outfit together carefully consider every detail: Your personal style, lifestyle, body type, and budget. These details are truly indispensable. RememberExpensive never substitutes for style. #fashionquote Click To Tweet
You’ll love these easy stylist’s belting tricks
What to try
- A head-to-toe monochromatic outfit using the belt as an accent or pop of color.
- A skinny belt worn over a skirt for a feminine touch.
- A thin belt over a partly closed jacket of a twinset. It’s a classic.
- Belted leather pants for a cool Rock’n Roll inspired look with blazer and T-shirt on the weekend.
- Match it to your bag, clutch for the weekend.
- Add a statement to an evening gown. So unexpected.
- Add a chain or thin gold or silver leather belt to cocktail separates.
- Use this accessory to up the style of a summer maxi dress. A LWD with tan leather looks casual posh and laid back at the same time.
- Wear a wide belt over a sheath dress at the office.
- Use it for shape to underline the slimmest point of your body.
- Balance the look of loose pants with a fitted shirt using this accessory.
- For an urban summer style try a white or olive dress with a tan thin double wrap style. When your torso is long, you can pull off a triple wrap where the leather is about an inch to 1.5 inch wide (2.5-3.8 cm).
- An evergreen classic is a LBD – no matter whether it is fancy or a T-shirt version or anywhere in between – with a white belt.
- When you have Bohemian Style try a metal one with a floral maxi, ethnic or embroidered dress.
- Add a textured belt to a floral, abstract, leaves or paisley print maxi dress.
- Use a scarf as a belt.
- Up your sweater with a statement piece.
- What about adding shape to a coat or styling your outerwear?
- What about adding shape to a down vest?
- Jump the band wagon of belting a blazer
- Add shape to a knit dress[
- A chain belt to add glamour to a jumpsuit.
- A textured – read alligator, crocodile, snake or lizard imprinted, laser cut or macrame belt – with a floral or abstract print jumpsuit.
- Knot the belt of a coat in the back, when wearing the coat open as is shown in the side view photo of the OOTD.
- Let a statement buckle be the jewelry in your look like in the OOTD in this post.
- Knot the belt of a trench coat in the back. Never close the belt of a trench coat in the front. Knot it! #styleadvice Click To Tweet
Gallery of belt outfit ideas
Belting a sweater
Adding shape to a vest
More awesome styling tips
When you liked the free outfit tips of this post, and want styling tips for all kind of dressing situation in midlife, buy my book How to Dress for Success in Midlife.
How do you use this accessory? Just to keep your pants up? Just curious.
This post belongs to the series on how to up your outfit with accessories. You may be interested in reading about how to up your style with scarves. Furthermore, this series encompasses also a guide for how to look incredibly stylish with hats. Gloves are not only for protection and insulation. They can eleveate your look in all kind of dressing situations. In case you missed the post, check this link to read about 13 tips how to improve your style with glovesgloves.
Don’t know your body shape? You can determine your body type online at this link.
P.S. If you liked any of these outfit inspirations, it would help me if you pinned them to your own Pinterest board. Doing so helps your friends, family, and others to see them too.
P.P.S. When you are interested in reading about how to up your style with brooches go to the post at the links.
P.P.P.S. Are you registered for my free bi-weekly newsletter with summaries of the posts and related information? I’d highly appreciate it if you take the time to sign up and ask your friends to sign up too!!
Photos of me: G. Kramm
© 2013-2020 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved