Just a cute summer outfit idea for the leather-on-leather trend with some easy tips for the look.
- Office outfit with leather pencil skirt
- Leather-on-leather styling tips
- Styling the leather outerwear
Disclosure: This post has affiliate links.
Office outfit with leather pencil skirt
Chinook (see glossary for definition) often brings a couple of warm days here in the Interior of Alaska. Therefore, I was able to wear comfortably this summery outfit of my white leather pencil skirt, and pink cashmere short sleeve sweater. I paired these pink and white pieces with my red pumps.
The idea is red plus white makes pink, sort of. 😉
A primary color with its lightened up version plus white is a fool proof combination. A primary color with its lightened up version plus white is a fool proof combination. #timelessstyle #colorcombinations Click To Tweet The statement necklace adds some interest. Yes, you can wear leather in spring and summer.
Leather-on-leather styling tips
Here is the short list of my tips on how to wear leather-on-leather without looking like a rocker chick.
- The easiest way is to stay away from all black.
- Wear a leather jacket and add a skirt to the outfit. A fake skirt suit, so to say.
- Using classic tailored feminine cuts is another important aspect to make this look work.
- When you do not dare to take on the leather-on-leather trend to its fullest, you can wear the trend by choosing one of the pieces in suede. So chic and easy because of the stylish matte vs. glossy contrast.
- Wear a leather trench coat over a straight leather skirt. Then the trend is only visible when you wear the coat open.
When you like these tips please tweet your friends See I found these awesome tips to pull off the leather on leather trend. #leatherlady #leatheronleather Click To Tweet
Learn more about how to wear leather-on-leather trend in this guide.
Styling the leather outerwear
For the commute in the still chilly morning and evening hours, I added my pink leather jacket with an oblong floral scarf for some interest. The scarf picks up the white, red and pink of the outfit. Leather-on-leather is full on trend. When wearing this trend, it is important to style it in a way that it does not look like you are disguising as a motorcycle chick. The look shown here works because of the unexpected colors of white and pink leather. These colors give the look a feminine touch. The classic cut of a pencil skirt and tailored jacket steer clear out of rocker and biker territory and rather read casual posh.
For more stunning looks with this pink leather jacket see the post at the link.
Don’t let your outfit be a random thing. Wear the right look in every situation by looking up what to wear when in How to Dress for Success in Midlife. Buy the book now.
Do you like the leather-on-leather trend? Have you already tried a leather-on-leather outfit? What are yur styling challenges? Let me know by email so I can help you and address them in a future post.
Get the support, motivation, tips and tricks to look to your best in midlife. Subscribe to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2020 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved