Office outfit with leather pencil skirt
Chinook often brings a couple of warm days here in the Interior. Thanks to the Chinook, I was able to wear comfortably this summery outfit of my white leather pencil skirt, and pink cashmere short sleeve sweater. I paired them with my red pumps. The idea is red plus white makes pink, sort of. 😉 A primary color with its lightened up version plus white is a fool proof combination. Tweet this. The statement necklace adds some interest.
Styling the outerwear
For the commute in the still chilly morning and evening hours, I added my pink leather jacket with an oblong floral scarf for some interest. The scarf picks up the white, red and pink of the outfit. Leather-on-leather is full on trend. When wearing this trend, it is important to style it in a way that it does not look like you are disguising as a motorcycle chick. The look shown here works because of the unexpected colors of white and pink leather. These colors give the look a feminine touch. The classic cut of a pencil skirt and tailored jacket steer clear out of rocker and biker territory and rather read casual posh.
Leather-on-leather styling tips
Here are my tips to wear leather-on-leather without looking like a rocker chic.
- The easiest way is to stay away from all black.
- Wear a leather jacket and add a skirt to the outfit.
- Using classic tailored feminine cuts is another important aspect to make this look work.
- When you do not dare to take on the leather-on-leather trend to its fullest, you can wear the trend by choosing one of the pieces in suede. So chic and easy because of the matte vs. glossy contrast.
- Wear a leather trench coat over a straight leather skirt.
When you like these tips please tweet your friends that you found awesome tips to pull off the leather on leather look.
Do you like the leather-on-leather trend? Have you already tried a leather-on-leather outfit? What are yur styling challenges? Let me know by email so I can help you and address them in a future post.
Get the support, motivation, tips and tricks to look to your best in midlife. Subscribe to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
Copyright 2013-2017 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved