Patriotic outfits can be stylish
All national day parades or parties require to dress up in the national colors. Thus, you must not be an American to get something out of this post. No matter what your nationality is, when it comes to dressing in the national colors, one may end up looking costumed.
Here are 5 tips to avoid looking ridiculous in patriotic attire.
- Stay away from anything ruffled. Ruffles are an element of costumes.
- Stay away from shorts, socks, T-shirts, dresses, shoes, sunglasses, hats etc. that have flag prints.
- Pick items in the national colors from your closet and create a casual tasteful outfit that you could imagine to wear at a normal weekend.
- Add another color to your national colors or leave one color out.
- Substitute one color with a color that is close to your national colors like demonstrated in today’s OOTD (in this case winter white instead of white).
Here are some further visual patriotic outfit inspirations.
Happy 4th of July to my American readers.
What do you do on your National Day? Do you have a family tradition?
Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Join the Top of the World Style linkup party tomorrow and find out whether you are one of the two featured guests of last week’s party.
The giveaway signup closes on Thursday June 25, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
Giveaway closed. The winner was contacted by email.
Photos: G. Kramm
© 2013-2018 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved