Adidas pants are having a moment
Normcore is still a thing, eventhough you see it rarely as a hashtag lately. I bought these straight Adidas pants about two years ago. I never wore them to the gym. To be honest, I never intened to ever wear them to the gym, and I never did. When I bought them, I had in mind to wear them with a blazer as pants. The stripes have sort of a tuxedo or General pants vibe, but look less formal. Paired with a blazer, top and high heels they make a nice office look for a creative work environment. This kind of pairing also makes a daring Casual Friday look that goes beyond the usual jeans.
Wear the look on First Friday or at a fashion event to make an entrance
In the past, I wore these pants with my hounds tooth blazer. The look is also great a great fashion statement for First Friday or when you attend a fashion event. I devoted sections of outfit ideas for these venues in my style book How to Dress for Success in Midlife. You can buy it here.
Why this outfit works
I applied these following styling tricks:
- The pants and blazer create a fake pants suit.
- I knotted the tails of the black and white polka dot shirt to create a waist and to elongate the legs. The knot also gives a twist to the fake pants suit shilouette.
- An outfit is all about proportions. With respect to layering I went for a long over short approach.
- I kept the outfit in white and black – a color combination that is an evergreen classic.
- The mix of stripes and polka dots adds interest and ties the white and black together.
- The stripes and polka dots have distintly different sizes. For more tips on mixing pattern click the link.
- I added a pearl necklace which is a classic.
- The high heels, blazer and shirt make it clear that this outfit is not for the gym.
Think beyond sneakers, leggings and sweat pants
Sneakers are worn in casual outfits since a long time. I remember that I wasn’t allowed to wear my sneakers to school. It bothered me a lot because all my classmate wore the sneakers to school.
Pro tip: Beside sweat pants, leggings and sneakers, a sport jacket worn with a skirt, shirt and pumps can also make a cool fashion and/or style statement.
Do you wear your sport attire beyond the purpose it was designed for? If so, which items? How do you style it? Let me know I am curious. If you have any questions on styling them let me know as well. Just drop and email.
Welcome to the 88th Top of the World Style fashion linkup party
Thanks to all of you who linked up in the past. You and your lovely outfits make this party so exciting, fun, and inspiring. You are an awesome crowd!
I am honored to have Jonathan, the blogger at The Hosiery Spot as a co-host of today’s party. He loves hosiery and personally thinks that legs look much better when in some sort of fashion hose or tights, even if they are skin-tone shades, preferably shiny. He has the most amazing hosiery collection you can imagine. There is probably nothing he doesn’t know about hosiery.
When you want to be featured at the party as a co-host, all you have to do is to click the link and let me know. We then will agree on a date and I will send you the linkup code that you add to your post.
Nina, the blogger at A World Full of Dresses became Top of the World OOTD Readers’ Fav as you clicked her post the most. Who doesn’t like wedding dresses and the great attire of formal or semi formal weddings? Her green romantic lace dress is really festive and wedding guest perfect! ❤
Melissa at Stylista Fitness became Top of the World OOTD My Fav. Her navy blue maxi dress with lace is very stunning. It would be perfect for a beach wedding or a New Year’s Eve party some where on a Tropical island. ❤
Congrats ladies! Please grab your respective featured Top of the World OOTD button from my Linkup Page.
As a “Thank You” for linking up, I pin photos from this party’s posts to the Top of the World Style pinterest group board. When you want to pin all the photos of your posts to this group board, please follow my boards on pinterest (pinterest requirement to add you), and send me an email with the request to be added to the group board contributors. I will email you the invitation. All you have to do then is to accept the invitation and start pinning your outfits.
When you are new to this party and want to be added to the VIPs who receive an email invitation for the Top of the World Style party please signup using the form below.
<a href="https://highlatitudestyle.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/hls-top-of-the-world-style_logo.jpg"><img class=" wp-image-11912 aligncenter" src="https://highlatitudestyle.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/hls-top-of-the-world-style_logo.jpg?w=400" data-wpmedia-src="https://highlatitudestyle.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/hls-top-of-the-world-style_logo.jpg" alt="#linkup #fashionlinkup #over40fashion | Top of the World Style linkup party logo | High Latitude Style | http://www.highlatitudestyle.com" width="200" height="190" /></a>
- Grab the above banner and put it into your sidebar if you like
- Please follow your co-host via instagram
- Please follow your Host via wordpress, facebook, twitter, pinterest, and/or instagram
- Linkup up to four of your fashion/style posts by simply adding your link below
- Please be a good sports and visit the posts of at least three of your linkup-fellows, introduce yourself to them to network and to make new friends. If you know them all already, I am sure they still appreciate your stopping by and saying Hi
- Please spread the word about the party so you and everyone of us gets more traffic. You can share the word about the party easily by tweeting Join the awesome outfits at the Top of the World Style linkup party.
Thanks for stopping by and linking up! Come back soon.
Get the support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
Copyright 2013-2017 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved