What to wear on St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17. The day has become a great commercial thing in recent years starting with meadow green cupcakes to entire St. Patrick’s Day clothing collections. Even if you are not so into it, you may want to fit in the spirit of the day as a courtesy to your colleagues, friends or who ever takes the effort of throwing a party and/or decorating for St. Patrick’s Day.
Go with classic Irish pieces on St. Patrick’s Day
Here are my tips to look effortlessly chic when dressing for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Try an Irish green sweater with white skirt or pants, or green bottom and white shirt or sweater.
- Add a pop of green to your normal work outfit.
- Wear a gold or silver cloverleaf brooch.
- Try an outfit in various shades of green like a mint green shirt under a hunter-green sheath, and emerald green pumps.
- Solid color work dress with neutral pumps and cloverleaf print scarf
- Style a normal work outfit in the spirit by adding cloverleaf costume earrings.
- A plaid shirt that has green as one of it’s colors with a green or other color of the plaid skirt/pants and neutral pumps.
- Green solid dress with pearls and neutral pumps.
- Printed dress with green back ground or a green dominated print, neutral pumps, pearls.
- Green tartan skirt with striped shirt, black pumps and leather jacket.
- Just add green jewelry to your work outfit.
- Wear a shirt or top with a green print with neutral color pants/skirt and blazer.
- Just sport some Irish spirit with an Irish blazer or an Irish cable-knit sweater.
When you liked these suggestions, please tell your friends about these great styling tips for St. Patrick’s Day.
Mature outfits for St. Patrick’s Day
Here some St. Patrick’s Day worthy outfits of mine.
Back view of outfit with III3 skirt, GNW tight, Manilo Blanik booties, and green turtleneck sweater (all own)
Oliveo leather skirt, GNW tights, ducks, Oliveo plaid shirt (all own) over halftee c/o halftee
Oliveo denim skirt and button-down plaid shirt with green sweater knotted around the neck (all own)
Going with Irish spirit only: Eli Tahari jumper leather dress with Orvis Irish blazer, Dior over-the-knee boots, and opera length pearl necklace (all own)
Is St. Patrick’s Day a thing at your office? Are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? Are you going to a St. Patrick’s Day parade or party? What are your styling challenges on such days? Let me know by email so I can help you.
Link up your St. Patrick’s Day outfit from last year at tomorrow’s Top of the World Style fashion party in addition to your OOTD I am curious. Happy St. Patrick’s Day and celebrate safely.
Get the inspiration, support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
Copyright 2013-2017 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved