Are you already so sick of winter? When I still lived in temperate maritime climate mid-latitudes, it was about this time in winter when I had enough of the gray, rainy and windy weather and was so looking forward to spring, but there were still about 8 weeks to go.
Now living in Alaska, the cold season starts some time early September and runs until mid May (if we are lucky). You gain a lot of experience how to overcome winter wardrobe boredom – starting with styling your outerwear and ending with wearing summer pieces in the cold season. Did I ever mention that in Interior Alaska, you don’t need actually transition clothes? Greenup is like switching a button.
Tips to have fun with spring fashion at the end of winter
Anyhow, here are my secrets to fight winter wardrobe boredom:
- Light up your outfits by inserting spring pastels and the SS season’s It color.
- Layer spring tops under a V-neck sweater or a cardigan.
- Wear a layering top and half-slip under a spring or summer dress with tights and fall sandals on a dry, warmer day.
- Wear a spring skirt with a half-slip and a sweater.
- Wear your trench coat as a top with leggings and a T-shirt underneath for a compfy, stylish weekend look.
- When the weather and sidewalk conditions permit swap your winter boots/booties for heeled loafers or heeled oxfords.
- Insert a floral pattern into your outfit.
Worn in winter, styled for spring
Here are some outfit examples for inspiration how to wear items from the warm season in mid-winter and late winter.
Vittoria Verani blazer over Anne Klein red turtleneck sweater with London Boyfriend jeans and Michael Kors wedge camouflage sneakers (all own)
Winter outfits using light colors
If you like these tips let your friends know how to wear your spring items now.
How do you avoid to get into winter wardrobe boredom? Are you already eager to wear your spring and summer pieces? What are your tricks to get a head start on spring? Let me know by email so I can help you.
Get the inspiration, support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
When you like the blog you may also like my book How to Dress for Success in Midlife.
Photos: G. Kramm
Copyright 2013-2017 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved