The leaves are turning already yellow here at high latitudes. We now also have real nights again and can see the aurora. The aurora was there also in summer, but you couldn’t see it because of the daylight being there 24/7.
Temperatures are now in the 50s (~10oC) in the morning and in the 60s (~15.5oC) on a cloudy afternoon. Thus, 3/4 sleeves and a maxi skirt are good tricks to stay warm and still look like wearing a summer outfit.
For the commute to work I added a denim jacket to stay warm in the already cool morning and evening hours.
To elongate the time you can wear summer pieces (i.e. procrastinate on admitting or being on denial that it is early fall) shop your closet for
- maxi skirts (you can even wear cropped leggings underneath),
- 3/4 t-shirts or shirts,
- jackets that permit layering and cover you up in the cool morning and evening hours,
- closed sandals to keep your feet warm or wood sandals for insulation from the ground that in early fall already cools down substantially over night, and
- make that a summery look.
Pro tip: Add summer accessories and keep the look on the casual side. Summer is much more casual than all other seasons.
The outfit looks like pre-fall with the jacket, don’t you thinks so? How do you extend the wear of your summer clothes into fall? If you have an example from last year just link it up for inspiration in addition to your OOTD.
Top of the World Style linkup-party
Thanks to those of you who linked up last week. It was a big, great party. The Readers’ Fav OOTD goes to the link you clicked the most. This week it was Antoinette Blake from De Divah Deals with her question “How short is too short?” Well, she is the first who won both titles Top of the World OOTD – Readers’ Fav and last week she was Top of the World Style – My Fav. Wow! This week, my fav was the post be Claire Justine from Claire Justine XOXO. There is something to jeans with multi-color sandals. It so screams summer. Don’t you think so?
- Please follow your Host via wordpress
- Linkup any of your fashion/style posts by simply adding your link below
- Please spread the word and invite your friends to this party
- Please stop by your linkup-fellows’ blogs, introduce yourself to them, and make new friends
To get a reminder for the next Top of the World Style party and/or if you are interested in co-hosting please sign up here:
If you are interested in co-hosting Top of the World Style please let me know. Just use the above contact form. Thanks.
Thanks for stopping by and linking up!
Get the inspiration, support, motivation, and tips to look to your best in life. Get a subscription to High Latitude Style. Deep inside you know when I can do it you can do it too.
Photos: G. Kramm
Copyright 2013-2017 Nicole Mölders | All rights reserved